5 easy ways to cook with avocado oil
5 easy ways to cook with avocado oil!
Grove Avocado Oil is a nutritionally dense, extra-virgin oil pressed from the flesh of ripe Hass avocados. But what recipes can it be used for? Can the oil be heated?
Here’s all the answers you need to start cooking with this heart-healthy oil!
Grove Avocado Oil has a very mild flavour, making it suitable for all types of cooking. It has a very high smoke point (even higher than olive oil), meaning that its nutrients are retained at high temperatures. Importantly – the high smoke point also means that any ingredients cooked at high temperatures will not be left with a bitter, scorched flavour!
Here are 5 easy ways to start cooking with Grove Avocado oil today!
- Salad Dressings: simply use Grove Avocado Oil in place of other oils when you next mix a salad dressing. Here’s a simple, crowd-favourite vinaigrette recipe. It’s as easy as combining all ingredients in a bowl and mixing, or placing in a jar and shaking:
- 1/2 cup Grove Avocado Oil
- 3 tablespoons of vinegar (such as white wine vinegar or balsamic)
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- salt & pepper to taste
2. Roast vegetables: Coat raw vegetables such as potatoes, pumpkin or beetroot in Grove Avocado Oil before baking in the oven for a boost of healthy fats!
3. Grilled or BBQ meats: Brush your steak, chicken or fish with Grove Avocado Oil prior to cooking.
4. Breakfast hero: A drizzle of Grove Avocado Oil over cooked eggs, fresh avocado or tomatoes on toast elevates the nutrition of your meal. One drizzle is all it takes to increase your healthy fats for the day!
5. Guilt-free chocolate cake: Did you know Grove Avocado Oil can be used in baking? Simply use in any baking recipe that calls for oil! Try our popular ‘World’s Healthiest Chocolate Cake by chef Teresa Cutter today!