Caring for your skin with avocado oil
Are you looking for an alternative to expensive face creams that promise the world and deliver nothing but a hole in your pocket? Avocado oil is what you have been searching for!
Avocado oil is not only economical; it is readily available. A bonus is that your skin will start to feel immediate benefits.
- Moisturises. Avocado oil soothes itchy, irritated skin. It contains an incredibly high level of vitamin E, the nutrient potassium and the essential fat, lecithin.
- Nourishes. The outside layer of your skin absorbs avocado oil rapidly as it has a very high skin penetration rate. The nutrients in the oil then help new skin cells form. This process helps to heal dry, chapped skin quickly. Warming the oil and applying it directly to your scalp helps reduce the flaky scalp associated with dandruff.
- Protects. Avocado oil contains antioxidants. Together with vitamin E, essential fatty acids, vitamin D and beta carotene, they can ease the pain and redness of sunburn. Studies also show the oil can protect your skin from ultraviolet radiation.
- Repairs. The risk of acne can be reduced by applying avocado oil to the skin for short periods and then rinsing clean with lukewarm water. The oils anti-inflammatory properties can immediately lessen the redness and swelling that accompanies acne.
- Heals. Avocado oil heals wounds faster. The fatty acids and oleic acid contained in the oil promotes the production of collagen. This help regenerate your connective tissue.
Long term use will allow the extensive range of anti-inflammatory agents and antioxidants contained in the oil to assist your skin with improved elasticity, strength and smoothness.
Long term benefits:
- Hydrate. Conditions such as eczema and psoriasis benefit from the long term use of avocado oil. The antioxidants and vitamins combine to help hydrate the dry, angry and flaked skin associated with these conditions. Always use a test patch of skin to ensure treatment doesn’t aggravate your symptoms.
- Renews. Avocado oil can reduce the visible signs of aging. It appears to reverse degenerative changes to the skin that occur through aging. This happens when the oil encourages the formation of collagen and elastin, to regenerate the elasticity of your skin.
How to use avocado oil for youthful, nourished skin.
- Massage it into your skin after you bathe, for immediate relief of itchy, dry or sunburnt skin. You can add it to your usual lotion or apply it directly on your skin.
- Add it to your body wash to help repair dry, cracked skin.
- Apply it as a face mask for 10-15 minutes to rehydrate and regenerate your skin. You can have fun mixing your moisturizers by using 2/3 avocado oil, 1/3 of emu oil or tamanu oil and then a couple of drops of your favourite essential oil. Remember to shake the bottle well, before you use it and enjoy smelling delicious all day! For a thicker mask, add the avocado pulp to your oil mixture. Rinse off with warm water or cleanser.
- Apply it as a scalp mask to treat a dry, flaky scalp. Warm the oil first and leave the oil to soak for at least 10 minutes.
- Massage it into your nail bed for stronger, healthier nails.
Extra virgin avocado oil has a thick consistency and is green in colour. It’s beautiful, silky feel enhances the experience of using it as part of your skincare regime. Grove Extra Virgin Avocado Oil is a 100% pure, natural cold-pressed oil.